02 July 2011

Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work I go!

And not just any old work. On 28 July Orb, M and I are off to sunny Finland for a year, as I'm leaving freelance life and taking up a post at the European Forest Institute in Joensuu.

That's here:


View Larger Map

(yes, it's a long way north of Gateshead...and yes, we'll be packing our sledge)

We leave on 28 July - which leaves 27 days to pack up and rent our house, ship out our belongings, and arrive (via three flights) in sunny Finland. Eek.

2 comments:

Theb said...

WOW!! Yes, that's it really. I'd just thought you guys were off on hols to Finland, but now I guess you were off on a job interview. Don't get too blase about the trees. I won't try and see when we come north in September for a Durham wedding. See you much, much later I guess. Tell us about the job.

DrBMBridge said...

Very cool! Best of luck.