09 March 2011

Cereal days

You may remember our views on breakfast - the three of us are big consumers of homemade marmalade, peanut butter and Marmite, and get through more toast in one sitting than a large toast-eating creature.

So it was quite interesting to be asked to roadtest some cereal recently - the new Superfruity brand from Shredded Wheat. I have to admit that I'm a fan of the plain, mini Shredded Wheats with lots of milk and a handful of raisins. But I've never really successfully got them into the small person - she's usually too busy eating granola and yoghurt or yet more toast. We were sent both boxes - the blackberry, blackcurrant and blueberry, and raspberry, strawberry and cranberry varieties.

And I have to report, that they're a success, for the small person at least. She's hooked on the raspberry/strawberry/cranberry variety (blackberry/blackcurrant/blueberry got the thumbs down), and has demanded them for the last week. As for me - I'm undecided. A bowlful is a bit much (they're quite sweet), but mixed in with the original variety, they're not bad. And it makes a change from toast...

No comments: