22 May 2007

Arts Corner: I wish

It's Tuesday, it's 10.50pm, and I think I've been staring at a computer screen for far too long. Work is a bit like buses - nothing for a while and then inevitably several things come along at once. Not that I'm complaining, but it does tend to ruin what little social life you can carve out with a small child in tow.

Here's what I'd love to go to the cinema to see:

Here's what I end up watching:

Any Dream Will Do.

Yes, I know, I know. I said I'd never watch reality tv, but I've been hooked by the weeping Josephs and by the fact my 20-month-old daughter loves the sparkly lights and songs, and starts clapping along (note to BBC schedulers, will you stop messing about with the timing of this? If it starts at 8pm it's way too late for bedtime, so can you please put it back at 7pm?).

That's my film critic credentials blown completely away, then. Hey ho.

No comments: