23 August 2006

Shopping

Having blithely claimed to my friend Kate today that "oh, I haven't bought any new clothes in two years", I've realised that it's a complete load of rubbish. I reckon I can cheerfully ignore the things I bought while pregnant, as they're not exactly things I'll wear again day-to-day, so that takes care of at least a year (trust me, even when you've had a baby you still have to wear 'maternity wear' for a while). But if you take 2006 onwards, I've bought (in no particular order)

  • a pair of blue sandals by art (£65, and the most comfortable shoes I've ever bought)
  • a black La Perla bra set (£20 instead of £80 in the sale at Fenwicks - bargain!)
  • a yellow t-shirt (can't remember the brand, but it was a TKMaxx bargain for £12)
  • a blue sleeveless t-shirt (TU at Sainsburys, £2.50)
  • a brown t-shirt (Tesco, £4)
  • a gorgeous brown cardigan (antoni and alison in the department store - one of Debenham's weird designer brands, and another bargain at £20)
  • a pair of second-hand jeans (Top Shop, but £4 from the Scope shop in Gosforth)

Oh well. Not exactly fashion-leading is it? This whole trend for skinny jeans has passed me by, obviously, as has the whole 80s kick (I was there the first time round and it wasn't any better then, trust me). But I probably score reasonably well on the bargain hunting bit.

No comments: