18 August 2009

I don't know, I go away for a couple of weeks...


and slugzilla here takes over the front garden. I'm guessing there's been a bit of rain? It's done nothing else since we got back, that's for sure.

Mystifyingly, there's also what appears to be owl dealing going on in my local Sainsbury's car park.

I turned up on Saturday shortly before closing time to find two slightly dodgy looking hire cars parked in the far corner and a few blokes clustered around some cardboard boxes. I know I was parked a couple of rows over, but I swear one of them took out what looked like an owl from a box and stuck it on his gloved fist. The owl flapped its wings for a bit, before hanging upside down. The bloke stuck it upright again. The owl fell down again (obviously not a top quality specimen) and flapped about. Money changed hands. The owl was shoved back in the box, and placed in the back of the car.

At this point I made a swift exit and went home for a large glass of wine. Foolishly I Twittered about my owl dealing experiences. And now, I am being spammed on Twitter by a man who shouts OWL FOR SALE a lot, and followed by a lot of people who like owls.

I think I need to go back to France.

2 comments:

Emma said...

OK, this is really spooky. Just noticed on your Twitter feed that you have been to see Kino Creative - I was at uni with Seth and he's a good mate of my husband. Small world!

rach said...

That really is spooky!! Can't quite believe that two bloggers from Wales and Gateshead can be linked like that. I suppose our challenge is now how can we connect to Kevin Bacon?